Thursday 8 July 2021

Practical Skills Evaluation

Evaluation:

Over the entire unit my practical skills and knowledge of these skills have also increased a lot since the beginning of the year. I had some camera knowledge but only when it came to photography to it was eyeopening to learn that there were so many more techniques and skills to learn when it came to to the whole unit. So my filming skills had improved by focusing that the camera was steady when filming as it is a lot more evident when watching clips back if the footage is all over the place. 

Learning different ways to drastically change lighting in scene too was very key as I can tell throughout the entire unit, i've improved drastically on this portion because my lighting skills were beginner level, having to enhance them a lot when editing, where as know i'm able to plan around natural lighting hours to try and get the best possible lighting, as well as become more advanced with extra lighting too if needed which is very handy as well. Knowing the settings on the outside and the inside of the camera are really good skills to know too, as tech can be tricky sometimes so knowing how to use them properly is essential, especially when you require them for your projects and future projects too.

I've been able to become educated on my knowledge of the health and safety features when working with other, using equipment which can be a very handy skill as well as good to know for your own safety and other around you, which is top priority! So this skill has made more more aware of my surrounding and potential dangers you have to thing about for you and others when creating projects.

I believe that I still need to improve on my microphone/audio skills as for the majority of my projects, I used a lot of audio that was downloadable so I only got the chance to use speak audio a couple of times but even then i wasn't super confident and happy with the overall result so if i could go back and improve, it would to be more experimental with mic skills and how to edit with audio files more. However on the downloaded audio, I was able to combined different audios together in one of my past projects this year which was new for me but i kept experimenting and finally was able to do it, which was a big achievement for me and made the overall project improve a lot more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Practical Skills Evaluation

Evaluation: Over the entire unit my practical skills and knowledge of these skills have also increased a lot since the beginning of the year...