Saturday 17 October 2020

My Examples of Different Lighting Techniques

Reflector: 

This clip is how my homemade reflector, it works just as well as a normal reflector and is super easy to recreate. Just using cardboard and wrapping it in tin foil, this allows the light to reflect off of it and bounce back to wherever you angle the reflector. 

A reflector is handy for indoor and outdoor use because it is accessible to use everywhere, before reflectors it would be more difficult shooting outdoors as you would have to stick with the direction of sunlight, however reflectors made it possible to avoid having to do this.

In this clip I purposefully moved around the reflector to make it visible in the clip as to what and where the reflector was reflecting and doing its job. Normally you wouldn't moved the reflector around.


Use Of Colour:

This isn't the best example of colour use in film/photography but it was my first attempt. To create the red colour I used a flashlight and covered the light with red tissue paper. In the future I would hire out a light with specific coloured gels as it would look better but this method works as well.





Low Key Lighting:


In this clip I used a flash light to only enhance one area of my sister face for dramatic affect, which is what low key lighting is typically used for. Lighting one area of the face creates mystery to the audience/viewers like where is she? why is it so dark?. This is a way of engaging the audience.






High Key Lighting:

This example of high key lighting is basic as I could have added more light to enhance it more however I think this normal lighting worked out just as well. Her face is being lit from all areas and no shadows appear behind her. This type of lighting is typically used when innocent characters are filmed as it makes them appear pure with nothing to hide.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Practical Skills Evaluation

Evaluation: Over the entire unit my practical skills and knowledge of these skills have also increased a lot since the beginning of the year...