Wednesday 7 July 2021

Editing Evaluation

Evaluation:

For the editing unit overall I believe that my overall knowledge of editing history was very very bare but I have been able to change that by being educated on the many different pasts of editing such as past editing softwares, editing professionals, different types of editing and how editing as a whole has massively developed and changed over the years. As well as the history of editing, I've also been able to develop my physical skills of editing through lessons and independent learning and my own experiments when creating projects throughout the the past year. All of this can be seen throughout how i show my physical editing with screenshots. It has also allowed me to be more creative mentally as the more you use editing softwares, the more you get used to them and what features they may have so when thinking of ideas for projects it makes it easier to visualise a project if you know what type of edits/ how you could see yourself editing it. I believe this is a very useful skills that can only be created from being so hands on the your projects creatively.

I strongly agree that my experience the premier pro has increased dramatically as at the beginning of the year, i found it difficult to follow along to the simple premier pro tutorials which are seen at the beginning of my blog, whereas now I'm very comfortable with the software and love to see how much I can experiment with certain clips, from colour balance, effects, audio effects, text, overlapping and so many more.

I've become more knowledges on how different types of editors can edit the same scene and how everyone has their own way of doing it, whether that be right or wrong in other peoples eyes.  It has also made me more appreciative when i'm watching videos/movie/music videos because you can visually notice what types of edits have been involved in these projects so it makes you view creative projects in a completely different light which is a great skills to have as you can take huge inspirations from other projects. Just as other famous celebs such as Quentin Tarantino has from lots of others but one specifically would be 'Band of Outsiders'.

I believe that I could improve on my time scheduling when it comes to editing as I haven't quite got my mind around how long a project may take, so I either give myself too much time and then i'm unsatisfied with the results or the complete opposite effect where I realise I have too much to do, but then left myself with not enough time, leaving me with an project that I may be unsatisfied with again. So grasping a better timing around the whole unit of editing would be very useful to learn more about.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Practical Skills Evaluation

Evaluation: Over the entire unit my practical skills and knowledge of these skills have also increased a lot since the beginning of the year...