Friday 23 October 2020

New Wave Montage Video and Evaluation

 

Evaluation:
Overall I believe my montage went according to plan and turned out okay but i could have improved it and done better if I was able to go back and shoot more for it. I would have included shots of other people there as well, I believe it would have added something different to it, similar to the one in Band of Outsiders. I would have also just taken some establishing shots and I noticed later on that I made all of them into panning shots that can get repetitive while watching this. While editing this I added some music from 'The Nightmare Before Christmas' as when I think of halloween and spooky season, this is my all time favourite so I wanted to include that in some way. While editing as well, I added a fade out of the audio and video to finish the video off, I am happy with this decision because it ends with a shot of a candle so it represents the candle going out and the montage coming to an end. A few better tracking shots could have also been added if I was able to go back again as well.
For all of the pandemic happening at this time, I think my montage video is okay for a first time. I didn't want to overly edit this montage as then I feel like it would move away from a montage video and more into a music video which is what I did not want to happen. Im glad I decided to not take my dslr camera with me to shoot for this montage video because it is a lot more difficult to balance, which would result in even more shaky, uneven footage that would be horrible to watch. So choosing to film on my iPhone was a better choice overall because it can easily be wiped out at any moment and I don't really have to mess around with settings when using my iPhone. Skills I need to develop on for future video filming would be to be more creative when physically shooting, take risks to get different types of angles or style of shooting. I need to be more adventurous with my filming next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Practical Skills Evaluation

Evaluation: Over the entire unit my practical skills and knowledge of these skills have also increased a lot since the beginning of the year...